Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WHAT IS SLOG?!

I am the kind of person who hates reading and writing. The reason why I choose stats and compsci as my major is to avoid writing. When I heard that we have to write essays for a computer science course, I'm like
then I figured out it is just a blog  == you can write whatever you want and use whatever tone you want. (Plz tell me if Im wrong before marking this !!!)

I am in the 6-9 session. So far I have had two lectures and we have covered some ''weird'' (According to Larry) stuff. I will use this blog as a concept review for myself. 

At first, some basic stuff such as Universal quantifier and Existential quantifier. Universal == the whole universe == every. Existential == there exits == some. If we want to disprove ''every'' we need to find one counter-example; if we want to disprove "some" then find no example to support it. Then Venn Diagram. We have learnt a lot about Venn Diagram from math courses. The only thing which is new is that using X to represent empty and using O to represent occupied. After we leant symbols about the sets. (Just memorize these symbols so we know how to use them to represent relations). I find those stuff are really simple and easy to understand. 

Next, we learnt about Sentence and Statement. Basically statement (quantified) is a subset of sentence (open). Then some new concepts came up such as Predicates (F(x) : a boolean function returning True or False), Implication ( If P, then Q). Since implication can be very tricky sometimes. I want to write another blog to mainly talk about this topic. 



[Time to sleep ZZzzz...]





No comments:

Post a Comment